The Youth Connect Essay competition has been established with the thrust of utilizing the ingenuity and innovative-ness of the African youth in stimulating growth and development on the continent. The aim is to nurture in undergraduate learners the culture of contributing to national and global issues, and also providing policymakers with a handy perspective. The objective of the competition are to enhance excellence and knowledge within young minds, placing them in the shoes of game changers and problem solvers, in the African Landscape and the globe at large.
Theme: “Accelerating growth and development in Africa: the role of technology and innovation.”
- The competition is open to undergraduates from all tertiary institutions within the African continent.
- Essay can be in English or French and must not exceed 1000 words.
- Entrants are expected to show originality, creativity, clarity and focus on the topic
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co- written essays will not be accepted.
- One entry per person.
- Entries will be disqualiﬁed if they fail to meet these requirements
- Winner – $1,000 + Laptop + Leadership Certification Programme + 1-year Mentorship Programme
- 1st runner up – $500 + Laptop + 1-year Mentorship Programme
- 2nd runner up – Laptop + 1-year Mentorship Programme
All entries should be submitted online. Fill your details on the registration page and follow the required steps.
Deadline: Entries must be received by August 31st, 2020 (23:59 WAT).