A private company is looking for a qualified individuals with both flawless writing skills as a marketing copywriter. This entry-level post is ideal for a recent college graduate or a writer looking to break into marketing and/or the tech industry.
The company specializes in software and builds up spend management accounting software for SMEs to mid-sized companies. Your communications must connect with, and be of value to, finance professionals, including CFOs, finance managers, accountants and bookkeepers.
This position requires a demonstrated ability to write compelling, accessible, and informative copy. Knowledge of finance or accounting is a big plus. You will be responsible for a wide variety of projects including long-form communications (e.g. white papers and blog posts), and short form e.g. newsletter, website, and new feature release copywriting.
This position is remote and will require at least 4 working hours per day.
Position Summary, Responsibilities, And Expectations
- Create compelling, accessible, and value-added copy that is consistent with the established company tone.
- Contribute to the editorial calendar for 1 blog posting per week, research and draft (750 – 1,400 word) blog post per that schedule plus occasional event driven pieces.
- Edit/proof copy from other Airbase teams and enforce the company style guide.
- Develop a strong depth of knowledge of Airbase products and our market personas.
- Take the lead on finalizing the company style guide for written communication.
- Assist in the creative process for upcoming marketing campaigns.
- Accurately track the progress of copywriting projects and drive them through approvals with stakeholders to ensure that they are completed on time, with a consistently high level of quality.
- Write compelling, action-oriented demand creation pieces in both long and short-form, in partnership with our head of growth.
Essential Skills And Experience
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills.
- Experience creating clean, engaging copy for public use – e.g. school paper, website, blog, etc. Even better if it’s B2B content.
- Prior employment as a copywriter or editor is a plus, but not required. Great writers without any professional experience will be considered.
- Able to provide examples of past work, including long-form pieces over 500 words
- Prior experience or knowledge of finance or accounting a plus.
- Highly dependable independent worker.
- Excellent time management skills, with a track record of delivering quality content to clearly defined deadlines.
- Demonstrate your passion for the above in a personalized cover letter. Applicants without a relevant cover letter WILL NOT be considered.