Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is a world class, higher education center of learning. The fully credited institution was established in close collaboration with the MIT(Massachusetts Institute of Technology) in 2011. Skoltech is accepting applications for international students to pursue Master of Science and PhD programs under full scholarships.
All accepted Master’s and PhD students will receive an academic stipend in addition to full tuition, housing, and medical insurance.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for students to acquire (fully funded) world class higher education in Russia.
Skoltech has been and continue to be responsible for training the new generation of researchers and entrepreneurs, escalating the range of scientific knowledge, and stimulating technological innovation with the goal of solving important technological research problems that Russia and the rest of the world may face in the future.
The Master of Science programs have an academic length of two years. Students will undertake a thesis in order to graduate. All students accepted into MSc programs will be given (i) a tuition waiver(covering the full price of tuition) as well as (ii) a foundational starting stipend of 40k RUB (around 550 EUR; tax-free) which goes to 55k RUB (around 780 EUR; tax-free) after the proven performance for six months and (iii) medical insurance.
- Application Deadline: Application deadlines for Masters and PhD programs are as follows:
MSc programs: July 16, 2020
PhD programs: August 2, 2020
- Study Subject: The scholarships are awarded in the subjects as follows: Data Science, Information Science and Technology, Materials Science, Energy Systems, Advanced Manufacturing Technologies, Life Sciences, Petroleum Engineering, Space and Engineering Systems, Photonics and Quantum Materials, Mathematical and Theoretical Physics programs
- Stipend: Substantial stipends are on offer, which be subject to students’ academic standing, starting at 40.000 RUR per month at MSc programs. Free medical insurance. Variety of academic learning tours.
- The number of scholarships available is at the discretion of the school committee.
- The Scholarships target eligible Russian and international students
- The center of learning will be at campuses in Russia
Who is eligible::
- Eligible Countries: Russian and also international students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Master’s Programs: a requisite bachelor’s degree, or it’s equivalent, from a recognized University
Doctoral Programs: an appropriate master’s degree, or it’s equivalent, from a recognized University
Who can apply?
Applications are open to domestic and international students. Applicants must be in the final year of their undergraduate studies or hold a higher education degree (Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or Specialist degree) in one of the following areas of study: mathematics, technical science, applied science, physics, chemistry, biology, or related areas. Additionally, you must have a record of success in your studies as well as knowledge of English.
Skoltech focuses on acquiring the highest levels of talent and applicants must meet at least the minimum requirements. Those who hold a degree in humanities or social sciences must have extended knowledge in one of the five areas of study offered by Skoltech.
As Skoltech receives many more applications each year from excellent candidates than we have placements available, meeting the minimum admissions requirement does not necessarily guarantee admission.
- English Language Requirements: If Available: Official TOEFL or IELTS results (if English is not the native language of the applicant)
How to Apply: The Skoltech offers an online application at the website to make the process quick and simple for potential students. Before beginning the application, we advise that you carefully read the application instructions, requirements, and deadlines for your chosen academic program.
Apply for MSc Programs 2020: The application includes an online form, your CV, a motivation letter, 2 reference letters and, if available, the English test results (TOEFL or IELTS, the certificate should be valid).
As part of the process, applicants must present the following:
- Online application
- Motivation letter
- Proof of proficiency in English, i.e., TOEFL or IELTS (students may submit an application without this information, but all will be asked to provide it at a later date)
- Copy of transcripts, in English (and original language) of all higher education institutions, attended. In the application phase, copies will be sufficient, but official copies must be provided at a later date.
- Optional: results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- As part of the admission process, applicants should indicate the Skoltech faculty member(s) with whom they wish to pursue doctoral studies.